Red currants + recipe

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by RICHARD MASSON, Jun 26, 2009.

1. RICHARD MASSON

RICHARD MASSON Active Member

I notice Botany Photo of the Day is Red Currants today, and also today, I went out to our old Red Currant bush, behind the greenhouse, slightly shaded by the Hornbeam, to pick our crop before the blackbirds eat them all. Some photos of the wonderfull fruit.
    I left some for the birds. My wife makes an annual Red Currant Cheesecake with these berries and I am of the conclusion that it ranks amongst the culinary wonders of the world.
    Note: I asked my wife for the recipe ... and it is lost! ... thrown own when we dumped our "1980's Supercook monthly part works volumes" (remember them?) but have found very similar recipe which is an attached file. We are yet to make our annual cheesecake ... but when we do will use this recipe!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  2. nic

nic Active Member 10 Years

Re: Red currants

Wonderful. Mine has a heavy crop, but not even beginning to turn colour yet, as I'm so much further North, but I am so looking forward to them, as I've just finished the last of last year's jelly.

My mother used to make redcurrant cheesecake, from a book called Cookery in Colour, and it was indeed delicious. Summer pudding's good, too.

3. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

4. Gabriolan

Gabriolan Active Member 10 Years

Re: Red currants

Lovely photos! Thanks. Might you consider posting your wife's Red Currant Cheesecake recipe?