Ready for Winter - Bearss Lime and Meyer Lemon

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by leapfrog, Dec 5, 2021.

1. leapfrog

leapfrog Active Member 10 Years

Here are some pictures of my potted Meyer Lemon and my in-ground Bearss Lime ready for winter.

It got down to -0.5 C here last night; the first frost we've had this season. The Christmas lights added 6 to 7 C to the temperature inside both greenhouses, so all is good. Greenhouse Dec 5 at 7 AM Ambient Temp minus 0.5 C.jpg Greenhouse Dec 5 at 7 AM Inside Temp 6.8 C.jpg Inside New Greenhouse Dec 7 2021 at 7 AM Inside Temp 7 C.jpg Meyer Lemon Ready for Winter Dec 4, 2021.jpg New Greenhouse Dec 5 2021 at 7 AM.jpg New Greenhouse Ready for Winter Dec 4, 2021.jpg

Attached Files:

Yan78 and Junglekeeper like this.
  2. Margot

Margot Renowned Contributor 10 Years

@leapfrog - I'd like to know where you bought that greenhouse. My son just gave me his neglected aeonium which I think could be over-wintered in a cool greenhouse like yours.

3. leapfrog

leapfrog Active Member 10 Years

Hi Margot.

It's an "Outsunny 6x3.5x5ft Portable Garden Greenhouse Mini Flower Plant Growing Warm House Transparent". I ordered it from Aosom and got it on sale for about $45 in August of this year, including the taxes. I'm very pleased with it so far, as for its size it's about 1/3 the price of a Flower House greenhouse, and the Flower House models aren't available right now in that approx. size (Covid?). Anyway, I was a little skeptical when it arrived, as it doesn't look as durable and sturdy as the Flower House greenhouses, of which I have 3, the oldest of which I bought over 10 years ago and is still in great shape.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  4. Margot

Margot Renowned Contributor 10 Years

Thank you very much!