question re posting

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by grdnstff, Mar 9, 2005.

1. grdnstff

grdnstff Active Member 10 Years

the envelope icon beside my last posting signifies "you have posted this thread" .. what does that mean? .. i don't see that particular icon beside any other postings, and wonder what distinguishes my posting from others ..

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

The little envelopes next to the threads with downpointing arrows indicate that you have posted in that thread. If you hold the cursor over the icon it will indicate how many posts you made in the thread and how long ago they were added.

Unopened envelopes indicate unread posts in the thread. The colour next to unread items is tan instead of blue. You will notice on the main page of the forums that the forums with unread posts are highlighted in tan (Manila envelope colour). This and the last will be unique to each forum user.

Envelopes with an arrow slightly up and to the right side indicate the thread has been moved to a new location.

I hope I got that all right. I had to look over the icons, because I had not really thought about this in detail before.

3. grdnstff

grdnstff Active Member 10 Years

well, eric, i appreciate you taking the time to do that .. thanks .. all these posting things seem quite complicated .. until you know how, i suppose .. anyway, thanks ..