public gardens management

Discussion in 'Plants: Science and Cultivation' started by pccrozat, Nov 3, 2007.

1. pccrozat

pccrozat Member

Hello

I coordinate the teams of workers in the public gardens of a small town outside of Lyons, France.

In our city, I find that there generally is a lack of reflexion around the vegetal element in the management of public gardens...in other words the job of workers in the gardens consists more in blowing leaves, picking trash and mowing than anything else.

I have used the Bot Gard forums (often as a lurker I confess) to get answers that help me in my daily job to bring plants back to the forefront.

if other people work in this field, or in any field involving gardens and public use, I think that this forum could be an excellent "meeting point".

...let s see if there is anybody out there!

cheers

pierre

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Well, of course, there are the folks here at UBC. Eric and myself are the most active, but we generally have desk jobs. I manage to rope in a few of the horticultural staff to address questions from time to time, but it's not an easy task as most of their focus is outside work.

3. pccrozat

pccrozat Member

Vancouver is such a great place as far as parks and public gardens is concerned that i bet that there will be other people

an then there is the rest of the world that can post!