Postings in this Forum's threads appear *latest first* - not true right now

Discussion in 'VCBF Neighbourhood Blogs' started by wcutler, Mar 10, 2011.

1. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

In this Neighbourhood Blogs Forum, postings in the threads are now always displayed latest first, so that you can see what's just been reported while the older postings are loading.

-------------------------------
    The default posting display order in the threads in other forums is oldest first. If you want to change your display order for all forums to be like this one, click My Settings, which appears on the upper left of the navigation bar at the top when you're logged in. On the side bar, select Edit Options. Toward the bottom of the options area, in Thread Display Options, you can set the order to Linear- Newest First. You can also set how many postings appear on a page.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I've received several complaints that the postings are oldest first, not the way this thread says. Well, they did appear latest first. I'm still hoping for that to be possible again in this new system, always for just the VCBF forums, but it's not part of the software. Still, I'm hopeful and do not want to remove this thread.

What you can do is click on your name at the upper right, select Preferences, and at the bottom, the last option allows you to select Newest post first. It applies to all the forums, and it messes up any link that contains the page number, which is the default for the permalinks from the posting number. I'm also hopeful about that being changed.