Post Count Stuck

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by saltcedar, Apr 5, 2011.

1. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

Showing results 1 to 25 of 2893
    (my page all posts)

Yet when I look at the last post in the sidebar thread it shows 2880.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

The 2893 is likely a legacy number from a previous post count (before some threads were deleted, perhaps -- I removed some a couple months ago in the now-defunct (and gone) Seed Exchange / Sourcing forums.

I need to manually trigger a process on the server to update post counts - so I've done that, maybe it'll repair it. If not, there are a couple other possible counters that need to be updated (thread information, etc.) -- I'll likely run through all those maintenance tasks after the new BG site is launched and it should resolve then if the current process doesn't do it.

(edit: Also, keep in mind that posts added to Forum Announcements and Feedback don't add to your user totals, so if it seems stuck, it is because you are posting here and not elsewhere)

3. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

I think I rarely or never participated in those forums.

still 2880!

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Which is maybe why the post count decrease is so low? There are other threads that get deleted from time to time -- any that have broken links and are no longer useful in plant ID, for example (if they are somehow encountered).

I did the post count thingie and the number jumped to 2904, go figure.

Must be one of the other maintenance tasks that needs to be run.