Post a peek of yourself here...

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by The Hollyberry Lady, Jun 10, 2009.

1. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Very pretty pics Vaden! Wouldn't that be cool to have a rockery like the cliff side your son was standing by?!

2. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    waaou nearly looks like the garden route in South Africa ( from a distance) Lovely shot make me want to visit but I guess the water is nearly as cold as in Vancouver. Is it?

3. M. D. Vaden

M. D. Vaden Active Member 10 Years

Cute critter.

We are pet sitting one right now, and a cockatiel for a gal who went up to Montana until August.

We have a couple of birds too - Gizmo and Gidgette.

The little budgie we are bird-boarding is named Maguiver (spelling?). Boy - can he entertain himself.

Attached Files:

4. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    I just notices than one of my rocks from my garden I unearthed last year in BURNABY on a hill has 'Snow white like Shells attached to the rock" meaning water was up here millions of years...

5. M. D. Vaden

Actually, south coast of Oregon does remind me of a rockery in places. These images are from a few big rocks at the Harris Beach area next to Brookings.

Yes - pretty cool.

I've been in Vancouver water. Lived in Oregon most of my life, but was born in Vancouver, and visited many times. It's like wetsuit water down here. I've waded in it in trunks before. Maybe a 1/2 hour and that is plenty.

Attached Files:

6. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Great shots! Love the views - and the birds!

: )

7. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi Mario Vaden,
    I failed to mention earlier how much I enjoyed your first 2 family pics, and again these last 2 are really great especially the third of Greg. That is one incredible vista and Greg is nice too ;) A couple modest one's from the lil town we live in. Keep the pictures coming please :)

Attached Files:

8. M. D. Vaden

That's pretty scenic looking. Sort of reminds me of where my mother is from near Kenora, Ontario. I can see why you have the view corridor open.

I'm still up websurfing.

Was going to crash, but got around to eating some BBQ sunflower seeds and can't quit. Will be in bed soon though. Am going camping in the park behind where you saw our son on the mountaintop - tomorrow. One night and day with the whole family.

Sunday, our 16 year old and i will drive down to camp at the Brookings, Oregon beach area. Will be exploring the redwoods.

Want to see the Olympic National Park in Washington some time in 2010, or sooner. And 2011, probably the B.C. forests I've seen so many nice photos of.

Hey - I like that Nehalem Bay park so much, I did a landscape design plan at my campsite about a year ago, for a condiminium front shrub bed up in the Cannon Beach area. The blue trailer really gets around. Like a tent on wheels, but with oak cabinets, propane heater, electric heater, nearly a King Size bed worth of sleeping space and TV / DVD.

Attached Files:

9. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

That's cool, I've never seen a camping trailer like that before. My dad likes to take us camping, but it is usually too hot in Texas.

10. tugo

tugo Active Member

Dear M.D.Vaden, thanks for the nice pictures and I am really amazed by the photos of sedums and echeveria. I could sit there all the day long and just look, amazing.

11. The Hollyberry Lady

These are my 'Lollipop' asiatic lilies, that just bloomed for me today, in my lily garden...

Attached Files:

12. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Hey, my rose bloomed today!

Those are beautiful btw, HB.

Attached Files:

13. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

14. The Hollyberry Lady

Hi Durgan!

Thanks for participating in this thread - nice to see you. Feel free to post your lovely finch shots here too - or whatever you like.

Thanks ShearMe - pretty rose.

15. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Togata - for the record I can't imagine you as a Pitufo, and I'm not sure why Hollyberry did...

Here are some shots from my neck of the woods.

The first one is Volcan Cayambe, which can been seen from about 1/4 of North Quito on clear days. It is the northernmost volcano in what is called The Avenue of Volcanoes.
    Second is the Rio Tena, which has lime-green water and is spectacularly overgrown. There are monkeys everywhere.
    Third is Volcan Sangay, which can be seen from Puyo (in the Amazon) on clear mornings. It is the southernmost volcano in the Avenue of Volcanoes.
    Fourth, the Saraguro Pass in the southern Sierra, which is Ecuador's third-highest road pass at 4700 meters above sea level. You actually drive through the clouds going into it, and then you can watch the sun set above them if you don't get too bloody cold first.
    Fifth, the Point at Ayangue, on the southern Coast. This is a sheltered coral bay with turquoise-green water and white sand, and is one of the south coast's most widely-reknowned seafood spots for baby lobster (Langostina). There's an ancient nunnery up on the cliffs on the other side of the point.
    Sixth, Volcan Tungurahua, in the central Sierra, on a rare clear day. This is currently an active volcano - the town of Baños, at its feet, is on constant alert for rocks and lahar (volcanic mudlsides). It's quite rare to actually see the volcano when it's active, since the heat tends to generate clouds.
    Seventh, the Four O'Clock Rainbow. This occurs in the South Sierra nearly every day at about the same time, but the lighting for this particular one was fantastic.
    And finally, some botany and wildlife photos from my ramblings, and some photos of life in Quito - that's the Basilica del Voto Nacional, which was created in the Gothic style, but by indigenous carvers who used Ecuadorean animals in the gargoyles and grotesques.

Jeez, do I get carried away much?

Attached Files:

16. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

WOW, lots of pretty pictures lorax. We tend to post a few and post often, but this is cool too. ^,^

17. The Hollyberry Lady

Those have got to be the coolest pictures in this thread! Outstanding! Thank you so much for taking the time to post them, Lorax.

Pitufo? Is that like a smurf?!!! LoL - too funny.

18. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

I just spotted this thread and thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. A couple of shots of me around my property here on Vancouver Island, Canada.

Cheers, LPN (Barrie)

Attached Files:

19. lorax

A Pitufo is exactly a Smurf, just in Spanish - I couldn't for the life of me remember what they were called in English!

20. lorax

I did it north of Fort McMurray, with reasonable success. I had to build coldframes, though.

21. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

You look like Hulk Hogan, LPN. :D

22. The Hollyberry Lady

That is so hilarious about the smurf, Lorax! Hahahahaha.
    Sorry, Togata57 - how ridiculous, eh?

Yeah, ShearMe - LPN does kinda resemble Hulk Hogan - cool. Thanks for sharing your great pics, LPN.

23. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Hmm. And there was only one female Smurf...

24. The Hollyberry Lady

Yup - smurfette!

25. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

Hulk Hogan ??? You gotta be kidding ... that's hilarious.
    I'll have to straighten and dye my hair blond (not to mention work out a bit) and have a blonde bimbo on my side. None of which is worth the trouble. Oh ya ... Hogan is 6 years older than me too. I wouldn't mind his salary though.

Cheers, LPN (Barrie)

Attached Files:

• hulk.jpg
      hulk.jpg
      File size:
      70.7 KB
      Views: