Post a peek of yourself here...

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by The Hollyberry Lady, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Nath

Nath Active Member

Well worth a laugh HBL. How are your Pasiflora doing, Mine is growing longer and longer as i train it along the fence but no sign of any flowers yet, maybe next year. My morning glory sure is taking its time to spread its wings too, but as I grew it from seed I'm not expecting much this year.

2. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

Not true - expect much. I grew my morning glory's from seed also. You will see flowers this season and the vines can sprawl many feet.

Our weather has not been especially warm, uncharacteristically for this time of year, and both my passion flower vine in the ground, as well as my morning glory's are kind of dwindling along right now. They grow a lot on the really warm days though, which I am hoping will become more regular and consistent soon.

I just recently put my indoor passiflora outside with a huge trellis behind it, and it's growing quite well actually. Here it is now in the 1st picture...

The 2nd shot is my pot of mixed hot peppers. I am such a hot pepper fanatic that I have sown many more seeds recently to have a late Fall harvest continuing through winter inside. I always love to grow tons of them, inside and out.

The last shot is my brand new seed grown red geranium just beginning to bloom...

: )

Attached Files:

3. The Hollyberry Lady

By the way, Nath:

The passiflora above (caerulea) is over 4 months old, but was grown inside and constantly pruned back. Now that it is allowed to go up a 6 foot trellis, it is going to explode with bushy growth. Can't wait!

I will show pics as it grows...

4. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Very pretty hollyberry!

5. The Hollyberry Lady

Thank you, Katalina25:

So glad you are here - can't send pictures in pms. Here is what a zonal geranium seed pod looks like...

When the pods and stems turn brown, the seeds inside are ready to collect. This pod is from my 'black velvet rose' geranium - I sent you seeds also. Hope you saw the picture of mine that I posted earlier.

You will love this plant, Katalina.

Attached Files:

6. The Hollyberry Lady

Katalina25:

While I'm at taking pics of seed pods - here's another. The first shot is my pink cyclamen, and you can see the seed pod lying on the leaves. When the stem withers, I can remove the viable seeds inside.

Also, here is a current picture of my seed grown Jerusalem Cherry plant (solanum pseudocapsicum). I sent you seeds too, Katalina! This is one gorgeous variety. The 'cherries' last a long time also. A most excellent potted house plant. Viable seeds are found inside the ripe cherries.

Hope you like it...

Attached Files:

7. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Why prune the passionflower?

8. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

To promote multiple branching hence more fruiting wood.

9. The Hollyberry Lady

Yup - plus too, I was trying to decide if I was keeping it inside or putting it outside and I didn't want it to get permanently attached to anything until I decided.

Now it is outside, but in a pot. It will be cut back hard just before frost and brought right back inside with me to be put out again next Spring. I just love the leaves, and hope to see flowers soon since it is an older vine now.

It wil be so full and bushy from all my pruning. I will let it roam for awhile to fill the trellis, then we'll see. Such a terrific vine.

Very excited about the new kind you sent me, Lorax! I will be popping a few of your seeds into soil about 60 seconds after they arrive!

10. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

"Cuando tienes una de las idiomas de romanza, Joséf, las otras siguen facilmente....

Estoy de acuerdo. Germánico también es útil para muchos otros...

Liz

11. The Hollyberry Lady

Vicarious and ShearMe:

Here is someone else's picture of blackberry lilies. I sent you both seeds and thought you might want to see what they will look like...

P.S. Hope 'Saltydad' doesn't mind me stealing his pic to show off, Lorax!

: O

Attached Files:

12. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Ooo pretty! I have some seeds in the fridge right now waiting. Do we wet them in the fridge and wait for sprouts, or merely stick them in the fridge for two weeks? I'm a lil unclear of this germination process.

13. The Hollyberry Lady

I buried my seeds in moist soil in a small little pot and then placed it in the fridge for a couple weeks before moving to a shady window. I didn't cover the little pot with a baggie because I was afraid of mold - just made sure the the soil didn't dry out - in the fridge nor out.

Mine seem to be enjoying the sun these days, even though I was told they prefer shade. My seedlings are sure coming along now. I have 6 or 7 of them and they are perennial.

Here's how they look compared to the last pic of them. They've grown way taller...

Attached Files:

14. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Ok, I got it. My pot is in a baggie, so we'll see what happens with that. I've the perfect place next to my mandevilla which, by the way, is starting to develop yellow leaves...

15. The Hollyberry Lady

Uh oh - better do something different. Don't know about that plant.

I do like this font though.

= )

Ok, I am going to go pamper some of my little seedlings and see if anything has germinated. Waiting patiently for my banana seeds and coffee beans to pop.

Do you know what this picture says about me?...

That I am not really all there!

LoL! How ridiculous! But fun to be a smart ***

Attached Files:

16. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Reading up on it, supposedly yellowing leaves mean over watering. poor drainage, or too much sun. I don't think I've been over watering, and it's a sun-loving vine but I'm sure the drainage is ok too.... I might have to perform an autopsy tomorrow. :O

17. The Hollyberry Lady

ShearMe, you little sneak!

You didn't even tell me you mailed the seeds to me yet, and I got them today! I am so surprised!

I am looking through the varieties now. Oh boy, my 2nd passion flower variety! Can't wait to check them out - passiflora incarnata. I am going to sow some of the seeds this afternoon. You must have had tons, to be so generous with the quantity.

Thanks so much Zac. I especially want to see the yellow coneflower you gave me too - echinacea paradoxa. It sounds lovely. Wow - I am so excited.

Thanks again Zachery, for making me smile - and Henry too (my little bird below).

18. The Hollyberry Lady

Oh my goodness - how stunning, Zac!

Just look at the picture I found of the gorgeous passiflora incarnata variety you sent me... I found some information about it also...

Attached Files:

19. The Hollyberry Lady

This variety is so special, ShearMe. Thanks so much for trading with me. Here's a little kiss for you...

P.S. Just being friendly - please don't charge me with sexual harassment of a minor!

Attached Files:

20. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

Actually, sex is legal in Texas at 17. :D

I did state that I sent the seeds above.

21. The Hollyberry Lady

Zac:

I guess I missed that - so many messages!

Thanks again. I already have some sown, and the extras I stored in the bottom of the fridge. I know it is far to late in the season to expect to see flowers or fruits on any newly planted passion flower vines, but I am intending on growing them inside and saving them until next Spring to put outside! I should have several varieties by then.

P.S. I will let you know when your seeds sprout...

22. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi everyone,
    I have really enjoyed all the pics and posts lately is my busy time at work now as well as Lynn's, she works there too. Just wanted to say I really enjoy relaxing to this forum and thank you all. Especially hollyberry lady even though I don't think she likes me. Anyone who wants to see what we have been up to I will post the following link from my boss a little real-time footage and a couple of our pics. Click on the icon when you get to picassa to view video:) http://picasaweb.google.com/schroder48/LingCod?authkey=Gv1sRgCOSylsi_zYbsfQ

Attached Files:

23. Joey D

Joey D Active Member

Haha, why do you say that about HL??

It looks like you own a restaurant maybe? Pro kitchen skills in any case :)

24. tugo

tugo Active Member

Will, you can offer HbL some delicious dishes you prepared and all will be ok. After the video now I see why allways your posts were related to food and I recalled my old days, when I had also a restaurant:))

25. The Hollyberry Lady

Oh my goodness - of course I like you, WillandLynn! Whatever gave you the impression that I didn't?!!! Too funny.

Great shots. Me wanna come to your house for dinner!