Plumaria Troubles

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by svetsch, Mar 18, 2008.

1. svetsch

svetsch Member

I have a plumaria which I started about 7 months ago. All was doing well and I had 5 nice huge leaves. About a month ago all the claw leaves that started popping out got a brown spot and died. They have grown no more that 2" tall before turning brown. I have spider mites on another plant in the house which I have been treating with soap and water. I thought maybe the mites got on my plumaria also so I spayed it for about 4 days. Then the 5 big leaves that I had got small brown spots which turned into big brown spots and now I have 1 leave that appears will not make it. I have 3 claws that are starting to pop and 2 have brown spots on. I am assuming that the third will get it also:( The tip of the plant is nice and green. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance

2. Chuck White

Chuck White Active Member

Lucky me, I have a batch of Plumerias growing in my yard. It is customary for them to lose all of their leaves, each fall. As opposed to getting 'brown' spots, however, mine all get a golden fungus on the leaves before the leaves all fall off. And it happens EVERY fall. As long as the branch tip has good color and is solid (not 'punky' ), it would seem to me to be OK. Try to increase the light level where your little guy is, and don't overwater. It is normal for a frangipani to lose his leaves each fall/winter.

3. svetsch

svetsch Member

Today is Spring and the leaves are still turning brown, before even opening into a leaf. Because it is still coll I have it sitting in a corner window that is both East and South sun exposure.