Identification: Please ID my Grandma's funeral plant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by destalee79, Oct 29, 2004.

1. destalee79

destalee79 Member

I recieved a plant from my grandma's funeral, the shop that it was sent from didn't bother to put anything to say what it is or how to care for it. It is very important to me to know what it is and how to care for it, so I don't kill it. I don't think that its a flowering plant, the leaves are about 8-10 inches long and about 3 inches wide. They are green on the outer edge and a lighter green on the inside. Please Please help me. All my thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. hungry hippo

hungry hippo Active Member 10 Years

Hi Destalee,

Sorry about your grandma. The photo looks like a Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema). Very obliging plants, these are. They will thrive in conditions (low light, irregular watering) that would kill most indoor plants. They are also very easy to propagate, so even with minimal care you should be able to enjoy this plant for a long, long time. Good luck!

3. destalee79

destalee79 Member

Thank you Hungary Hippo

Thank you very much since you posted I went ahead and transplanted it. I am so happy that I know how to take care of it now. I love all my plants but that one is special....