Identification: please help to identify

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by annette r., Aug 3, 2005.

1. I bought a plant today that didn't have a label or care information with it, but I liked it's appearance and bought it anyway.

It's currently in a 4" pot and stands about 6" high. The leaves are smooth and shiney. The largest leaves are currently nearly 3" in diameter. A couple leaves are a bit more elongated but the majority are more round. The top of the leaf is dark green with some light green streaking towards the end farthest from the stem. The undersides are pale in color. The stems are thick, green and reddish in color. The stems, or I suppose it might be more accurate to call them stalks, branch off into into individual leaves.

If anyone can give me so much as a clue to what the plant is/might be I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

Hi there .. is it possible to post a pic of it ???.. that would really help ..
    the only thing that comes to mind for me is a Chinese Evergreen .. you can try looking that up .. if it is not then try posting a pic ...
    thanks

Marn

3. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

A photo would be great Annette, you would have to join to post an image with your message. It only takes a moment and you will get more from the forums if you do.