Identification: Please help me ID this tropical hanging plant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by mreedhead, Apr 15, 2005.

1. mreedhead

mreedhead Member

Hi all, I'm fairly new to gardening and have never had much luck with it at all. I purchased this tropical hanging plant at a grocery store and the only info that came with it is that it prefers partial shade. I really want to take care of it correctly but I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Marissa

Attached Files:

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

that is a Bolivian wandering jew aka Turtle Vine .. I have one .. and they grow so fast ..they will grow like a beehive around the pot .. i have mine hanging in the kitchen window gettin late morning/early afternoon sun .. i also have a lil pot of one growing inmy bedroom and it gets direct morning sun and it is doin just fine .. i think it might have grown faster.. and they root really easy also .. any part of it that touches dirt will root in no time

good luck with it

Marn

3. mreedhead

mreedhead Member

Thanks so much for your expertise! I have it hanging just slightly off to the side of the window and have the shades turned so it gets partial sun.

Marissa

4. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

oh u r welcome .. i have mine hanging right in front of the window .. and no shades or curtains .. and the one lil one i have in my bedroom has no shade what so ever .. it gets direct moring sun .. so i wouldnt worry about it .. they r a kool looking plant

Marn