Identification: (please help) can you identify this plant description??

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by thelma_oo7, Oct 26, 2006.

1. thelma_oo7

thelma_oo7 Member

The houseplant has many long skinny leafed shoots growing from the pot. The leaves are dark green with small clusters of tiny white star shaped flowers. The flowers have tiny yellow spec in the middle. The flowers are thick and almost look like candy or wax. I saw this plant in a home in Canada and was told it was a star of david. I have found nothing with this search that comares to it. The plant is indoore, potted and has a hanging plant quality to it. I would be grateful for any info or suggestions on how to find this plant as I would love to have one.
    the leaves are as tiny as a fingernail,the shoot comes out and there are leaves all the way down on either side so it is kinda flat and it hangs from a pot planter
    Thank you Tammy

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Campanula isophylla 'Alba', Star of Bethlehem?

3. thelma_oo7

thelma_oo7 Member

Thank you Junglekeeper for your reply but I looked it up and unfortunately, that is not it.

4. Joe Keller

Joe Keller Active Member 10 Years

Just a guess, perhaps Hoya bella. Joe

5. thelma_oo7

thelma_oo7 Member

Thanks Joe, THATS IT. I guess that 10 years distorted my memory of them a bit but there was no mistaking it when I saw it. You must really know your flowers. After seing it I realised how poor my description was. Here is a good page to see them if anyone is interested. This person has many diffrent types too...thanks again
    Tammy

www.myhoyas.com/Hoya bella.htm - 35k <--- can I do this?? hope so