Plants can improve your work life

Discussion in 'Plants: In the News' started by Junglekeeper, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

wcutler likes this.
  2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

It doesn't seem to take much - that first photo with that teeny air plant was funny. They tested a 3-minute rest with and without a plant, but the article didn't mention whether they tested having the plant without the enforced 3-minute rest. With different neatness conditions, or maybe that doesn't even matter, it might be easy to forget that the plant was there after a while.

3. scilover

scilover Member

I always have a plant in my room and my workplace. It always somehow helped me with my stress.

4. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

During these difficult times we are all in, it is not just the workplace that plants are needed to help ease the stress.
    A report was published in the last week in the UK saying that children and pensioners are struggling to sleep at the moment.
    We are surrounded by technology and constant battering by news channels heralding doom and gloom, it is no wonder there is so much anxiety everywhere.
    Turn everything off and sit in your garden or a space with plants, play some gentle mood music and see how your sleep and stress improves.

5. Arlette

Arlette Active Member

@Acerholic
    How true! It was my daily life during the lockdown period, the antidote to all the "multidirectional" ugliness that the pandemic brought to the surface, the "everything and the opposite of everything" that pounded on TV, the fear of that death away from the affections and for shortness of breath that swooped suddenly to upset the "normality" of everyday life in a moment and who knows how long.
    immersed in the greenery of my garden, indeed, in the many shades of green to be observed one by one in the lawn, in the stems of the flowers, in the buds …………… .; dedicate myself to the "restoration" of Spring, put the hands in the ground, feel the scent of the cut grass, follow the blossoming of flowers with their colors and scents, to bury new ones ............................ it helped me to maintain a balance by limiting the stress also given by the weight of the unspoken words so as not to risk increasing the fears of others with one's own.
    With a constant thought, however, to the many who did not have the same luck having to live that upsetting period closed within the walls of a sometimes small apartment and to the little ones who did not even have the opportunity to understand the reason for that unnatural "captivity".

Acerholic likes this.
  6. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years