Planting Wandering Jew

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Unregistered, Nov 22, 2004.

1. I have a wonderful Wandering Jew hanging in my office. I took some cuttlings and put them in a glass of water. How many cuttlings should I use to have a decent size plant (about 10 inch pot)?
    Thanks,
    Nathan

2. Douglas Justice

Douglas Justice Well-Known Member UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society 10 Years

Potting Tradescantia (Wandering Jew)

In order to have a nice busy pot of Tradescantia you could put at least half a dozen starts into your 10" pot, maybe even twice as many, because it tends to grow into long trailing stems. If these get too long, pinch them back to stimulate branching.

3. Nathan

Nathan Member

Wandering Jew

I have a wonderful Wandering Jew hanging in my office. I took some cuttlings and put them in a glass of water. How many cuttlings should I use to have a decent size plant (about 10 inch pot)? After a stem blossoms, should I pull the shriveled flower? Also, how far apart should I plant the cuttlings?

4. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Plant the cuttings evenly spaced in the pot. It is generally a good idea to remove wilted or spent blooms from house plants.

P.S. - Nathan I moved your message to the thread started when you posted as unregistered.