Planting miniature roses for beginners

Discussion in 'Rosa (roses)' started by Jordan, May 27, 2006.

1. Jordan

Jordan Member

Hello

I planted my miniature roses about 4 weeks ago. It was actually my first time planting anything. Everything is going all right now. I am wondering about how can I reproduce the miniature roses? Do I have to go buy more roses from the store or can I use the miniature roses I have and reproduce them? If yes, would you mind tell me how? Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
    Jordan

2. Weekend Gardener

Weekend Gardener Active Member 10 Years

They are easily propagated from cuttings. The American Rose Society has links and resources to lots of information on rose propagation. I particularly like the article written by Mel Hulse, as it's so simple and "low tech".

But if you propagate, all you will get is the same rose. Why don't you try other different varieties of miniature roses? It's a lot more fun that way. And they are not expensive compared to larger roses. In fact, they are easily comparable to any other 3 inch annuals of perennials when it comes ot price. Some gardeners I know treat them like annuals - throw them away at the end of the season.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  3. Jordan

Jordan Member

Thank you very much. The information is very helpful. Really appreciate it. Again, thank you.