Pitcher Plant - No pitchers!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by lynxrush, Feb 27, 2019.

1. lynxrush

lynxrush New Member

Hello,
    I'm just going to preface this by saying I am not quite a beginner but not quite experienced with plants either, so patience would be appreciated!

I inherited a pitcher plant and some flytraps from a friend. Through summer they did fine. I'm almost through winter but concerned about the continued success of the plants.

My pitcher plant, especially, has stopped putting out pitchers. My fly traps are fine. It is showing normal winter signs, some of the base and the tendrils are browning and I've just been trimming as this happens. But I haven't fed it in awhile (been grinding blood worms) and I'm concerned about it dying off before summer?
    Are the pitchers disappearing normal? Is there something I can do to get them to grow back, or do I just have to be patient?

The water here is terrible, I use distilled water and keep it in a humidity dish. I do run a humidifier during the day as well.

I'll have pictures up soon! Sorry for the lack of. If it is possible to give any general advice I would really appreciate it.

2. Tom Hulse

Tom Hulse Active Member 10 Years

Waiting for your pictures. :) Is it a Nepenthes or Sarracenia or do you know what type of pitcher plant it is?