Pilea problems, any suggestion ?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Mary@ubc, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Mary@ubc

Mary@ubc Member

Hello:
    I have 2 questions about my Pilea plant. I keep watching it everyday but not sure it is a problem or I am just too worry. Can anyone help or give me suggestion?
    1. I noticed there are some white dots on the bottom my Pilea's leaves. They are on the new leaves but not on the old one. Is it normal or it is some kind of diseases ? Should I cut the leaves away before it spreads out?
    2. a few of the big round leaves are turning yellow but the new growth are green. Is my watering schedule ok ? Does it getting enough sunlight ?
    Any guidance will be appreciated. Thank you!
    pilea2.jpeg pilea1.jpg

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

The white dots are normal. I believe they are minute amounts of the plant's sap, perhaps from guttation. The yellow leaves are from senescence, again normal. I remove them by breaking them off at the stem. Don't give the plant too much light; as it negatively affects the appearance of the leaves.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Mary@ubc likes this.
  3. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Perhaps your plant's environment could be improved upon as I expect there to be more healthy leaves. As a comparison, my plants are growing in bright indirect light and are fed regularly with a balanced fertilizer.