Pics of the new additions to my maple collection

Discussion in 'Maples' started by rufretic, May 23, 2013.

1. JT1

JT1 Contributor

-This is our new 14yr Abies pinsapo 'Horstmann' or Horstmann Spanish Pin Fir.
    -Along with our new Abies koreana 'Horstmann's Silberlocke'.
    -Our new Acer palmatum 'Corallinum'.
    -Cupressus glabra 'Raywood's Weeping' or Raywood's Weeping Cypress (very tall and narrow, feathery blue / green weeping Arizona Cypress).
    -Ginkgo 'weeping wonder' (unfortunately kind of blends in from this angle)
    -Pinus parviflora 'Goldilocks
    -Two bonsai that I created last fall, acer palmatum 'shishigashira' and acer japonicum 'aconitifolium' both originally sold as regular nursery stock in 7 gallon containers.
    -Unknown variety of Juniperus conferta.
    -Lastly my Acer palmatum 'Little Sango' who's trunk is so tiny and thin, I am afraid to do anything with it, other than hopefully thicken up in a nursery container this season.

Attached Files:

2. JT1

JT1 Contributor

Forgot to include the 3 gallon Sharp's Pygmy that I picked up for $30.00 last fall on a clearance sale. I decided to turn it into a bonsai a few weeks ago. Here it is and in a few years of pruning and training, I will have it looking good.

Attached Files:

3. Kaitain4

Kaitain4 Well-Known Member Maple Society 10 Years

Beautiful! Abies pinsapo is one of my faves!

Raywood's Weeping is an awesome tree, and one of two trees I get the most comments on in my entire garden. The other is Pinus densiflora 'Golden Ghost'.

4. JT1

JT1 Contributor

Thank you! The Abies pinsapo was one that I was really excited about from looking at pictures online and was blown away when it finally arrived. Yes, I agree with all others that your Pinus densiflora 'Golden Ghost' is awesome! Your picture inspired me to add it to my list.

5. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Well-Known Member Maple Society

Just thought i would post a pick of one of my Autumn moons the sun was just in the right spot today to show of the beautiful colours , last year in it's pot then in the ground you go!!! for 2014

Attached Files:

6. ROEBUK

Vitifolium should be made compulsary to be kept pleasure to look at in the fall!!! see pic of my nine year old tree.

Attached Files:

7. ROEBUK

You will love the Burgundy lace mine looks better each year it gets older this was the 1st Acer i bought now have over 100+ very adicvtive, just missed out last week on buying a stunning Amagi Shigure never seen one before this now on my wanted list!!

Attached Files: