Pics of the new additions to my maple collection

Discussion in 'Maples' started by rufretic, May 23, 2013.

1. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

-This is our new 14yr Abies pinsapo 'Horstmann' or Horstmann Spanish Pin Fir.
    -Along with our new Abies koreana 'Horstmann's Silberlocke'.
    -Our new Acer palmatum 'Corallinum'.
    -Cupressus glabra 'Raywood's Weeping' or Raywood's Weeping Cypress (very tall and narrow, feathery blue / green weeping Arizona Cypress).
    -Ginkgo 'weeping wonder' (unfortunately kind of blends in from this angle)
    -Pinus parviflora 'Goldilocks
    -Two bonsai that I created last fall, acer palmatum 'shishigashira' and acer japonicum 'aconitifolium' both originally sold as regular nursery stock in 7 gallon containers.
    -Unknown variety of Juniperus conferta.
    -Lastly my Acer palmatum 'Little Sango' who's trunk is so tiny and thin, I am afraid to do anything with it, other than hopefully thicken up in a nursery container this season.

Attached Files:

2. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Forgot to include the 3 gallon Sharp's Pygmy that I picked up for $30.00 last fall on a clearance sale. I decided to turn it into a bonsai a few weeks ago. Here it is and in a few years of pruning and training, I will have it looking good.

Attached Files:

3. Kaitain4

Kaitain4 Well-Known Member Maple Society 10 Years

Beautiful! Abies pinsapo is one of my faves!

Raywood's Weeping is an awesome tree, and one of two trees I get the most comments on in my entire garden. The other is Pinus densiflora 'Golden Ghost'.

4. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Thank you! The Abies pinsapo was one that I was really excited about from looking at pictures online and was blown away when it finally arrived. Yes, I agree with all others that your Pinus densiflora 'Golden Ghost' is awesome! Your picture inspired me to add it to my list.

5. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Just thought i would post a pick of one of my Autumn moons the sun was just in the right spot today to show of the beautiful colours , last year in it's pot then in the ground you go!!! for 2014

Attached Files:

6. ROEBUK

Vitifolium should be made compulsary to be kept pleasure to look at in the fall!!! see pic of my nine year old tree.

Attached Files:

7. ROEBUK

You will love the Burgundy lace mine looks better each year it gets older this was the 1st Acer i bought now have over 100+ very adicvtive, just missed out last week on buying a stunning Amagi Shigure never seen one before this now on my wanted list!!

Attached Files: