Peperomia - I need help!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by 2manyplants, Jun 5, 2007.

1. 2manyplants

2manyplants Member

I kept a beautiful new peperomia plant in my basement over the winter and it did very well. Healthy, full. Then this past weekend, I brought it upstairs and put it on my deck. It probably went down to 45 degrees overnight but has been in the 70's during the day. I live in the mountains of western North Carolina. Anyway, I also watered it well, maybe too well. Now it is slumping over. After seeing my poor peperomia, I ran to the computer and read that I need to keep it inside at a constant temperature and keep the soil on the dry to moist side. Oops! So, finally to my question: should I repot it to get it out of that wet soil? If not, what should I do? I don't want to lose it. Thank you for your help.

2. Rima

Rima Active Member

For one thing, you probablly shocked heck out of it going straight from your bsmt to the deck. Just a couple of early a.m. and latish p.m. hrs for the first ten days would have been a good idea, then only carefully into midday sun. Continuing to water now though is probably not a great idea, though do remember (for next time) that being outdoors it would need water more often than indoors.

3. Nature Obsessed

Nature Obsessed Member

Good luck with that! I hope it turns out well.

4. 2manyplants

2manyplants Member

Thank you both for your replies. I still do not know if I should repot it? Thanks. By the way, it is a peperomia trinervula.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  5. Rima

Rima Active Member

If you slide it out of the pot and the roots look to be taking over, repot it. If not, don't.

6. Nature Obsessed

Nature Obsessed Member

Yes, what he/she said. :)