peach tree jelly

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by michaelcontessa, Mar 20, 2009.

1. michaelcontessa

michaelcontessa Member

I have a peach and a apricot tree that are using some jelly out of it from all over the peach tree has ben doing it for 2 years and is now partly ded, now the apricot tree is doing it also what can I do to save them

2. northerngrapes

northerngrapes Active Member

3. K Baron

K Baron Well-Known Member

How old are the trees? Winter can wreak havoc to these stone fruits' trunks and branches.

Severe winter frosts and unrelenting winds can cause the healthy bark to split open and bleed. Coming from the West Kootenays, this was a common reoccurring problem.

4. michaelcontessa

michaelcontessa Member

Hi I live in Chicago, the winters are cold, I have 1 peach tree that is 6yr old 1 4yr old and the other 2 are 2yr old, I have 2 apricot trees 1 is 4yr old and that is infected the other one is 3yr old and it is not I also have a pair tree and 6 grape vines all difarent I only have the two that are using the jelk can it be Bacterial canker and can you help?

5. K Baron

I am not the expert. However, your local nursery, but not the big box stores, is the ally and a hoticulturalist should prescribe the necessary applications. Take a sample of the jelly to them. An application of lime and sulphur is one of the usual remedies, but this would be applied before bud break.....you need to take the problem to the horticulturists at the local nursery, ASAP.... now!

6. michaelcontessa

michaelcontessa Member

Hi I Need help I have a 2 apricot tree that are using some jelly out of it from all over the tree has ben doing it for 1 years and is now partly ded, now the other apricot tree is doing it also what can I do to save them I have lost 2 peach trees so far I have used Copper Fungicide by Bonide and it has not work can you Help. Thank you

7. K Baron

Oh I have experienced this... my trees died over the ensuing years....

8. michaelcontessa

michaelcontessa Member

Hi I have used Copper Fungicide by Bonide and it has not work My Apricot's Tree;s are now infected one of them the bark is almost gon, the fruit is still on but not edabal they alos have jelly coming out and when you open the Apricot's there are wirmes in them