Palm seedlings

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by Canadianplant, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Canadianplant

Canadianplant Active Member

I planted around 10 or so different kind of palm seeds at my parents house before i left. None of them did anything... untill i left. Now they are sprouting like crazy but she doesnt knwo what they are ( cant read my writing). SO hopefully some one here knows what they are.

Attached Files:

2. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

A bit hard to tell what they are until they start branching out, unless someone else can?

Ed

3. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

"(cant read my writing)" ... that's OK. We haven't been able to make sence of some of your past posts either. hahahaha!
    All kiding aside, your keyboard skills have improved considerably. As posted above, no idea yet as to their identity at such a young state.

Cheers, LPN.

4. Canadianplant

Canadianplant Active Member

The odd thing is.... i know for sure that the one on the left is SOME kind of palm, i understand about waitin for the leaves to advance. But the one on the right is supposed to be either a Phoenix Sylvensis, a Ravanara Madagascariensis, or Livistona Chinesis. Also a very, very slight chance that it can be some sort of Caryota. IT looks like some kind of fern to me. Im assuming it is from the peat moss i used.

5. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Well maybe the palm seed on the right didn't sprout but had some spores of a fern on the seed or around the soil, because, yes you're right, that is definitely not a palm

Ed