Outdoor cat palm dying

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by Majestypalm999, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Majestypalm999

Majestypalm999 Active Member

I bought a cat palm last summer, and it seemed to be thriving indoors. Unfortunately, starting a month ago, the leaves all began to turn brown. I thought it would help if I planted it outside, and that's exactly what I did. Now, it's looking alot worse. It's definitly getting more than enough water, but if it was being overwatered, wouldn't it be turning yellow, not brown? I think part of the reason may be because it's way too damp and wet outside, but it didn't like it inside where it was warm either.
    So what exactly should I do with this tree? I've tried watering it, no use. I've tried planting it outside, that didn't work either. I've tried it inside, it died. I'd like some step-by-step instructions on what I need to do to keep this plant healthy, if that is at all possible. Do I need to take it back inside, so it's warm, and there's less water? Do I need to buy it some special soil? I'm not looking to make the tree grow 10 feet tall and fluorish or anything, I'd just like to see it alive and green. Please help me out by telling me what will stop further die off.

Thank you,
    Majestypalm999