Our Sylvan Heritage

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by jimmyq, May 29, 2004.

1. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

I wanted to bring attention to a new publication by Susan Murray entitled "OUR SYLVAN HERITAGE, a guide to the magnificent trees of the south fraser". This is a brand new book that will undoubtedly become a wonderful reference to those of us in the fraser valley and beyond. Special thanks are given to Mr. Douglas Justice, a frequent responder and adviser here on the UBC board.

2. douglas

douglas Active Member 10 Years

Hi Paul
    Do you happen to know who the publisher is?
    I'ld like order one,

Thanks
    Doug

3. jimmyq

fitzhenry and whiteside, ISBN - 1-55041-781-9

4. douglas

douglas Active Member 10 Years

Thanks Paul

Regards Doug

5. jimweed

jimweed Active Member 10 Years

I picked up the book today at the UBC Botanical Garden Gift Shop. Thanks, for the info, its a great book! Jim.

6. jimmyq

good score. a great book for tree lovers in the valley.

if you are out and about you should come to the riverview tree walks, well, at least once, there are some GREAT trees on the site. I will be at the next walk trying to chase Douglas Justice around, he walks fast so you had best bring your sneakers!
    Maybe next year I will have the guts to lead a walk on my own. so far I just try to join the walks incognito to learn. :) Last year Douglas saw me and mentioned that I was an arborist, so much for hiding in the group! its all good though, the site is great and there is lots to see and talk about for tree lovers.

see you there Douglas!

http://www.rhcs.org/

7. jimweed

I will make a point to be at the next Riverview tree walk, any idea when it will be? The link says next walk March 19/06. I bookmarked it and will check it for an updates. I'll bring my sneakers! Is there a historical building walk? That is another intrest of mine. I was so sad to see some the Woodlands buildings going to the demolition bins. To make room for Onni and his crappy townhomes! See ya at the tree walk. Jim.

8. jimmyq

9. jimmyq

nice to meet you there Jim, Douglas gave a fabulous walk and talk of course, a number of arborists hiding in the midst of the tour group.... ;)

see everyone at Treefest in September!

10. jimweed

Like wise Paul! Thanks for the heads up on the walk. Douglas must sure be the mentor of many. See ya at Treefest!