Orchid Identification

Discussion in 'Orchidaceae (orchids)' started by btwo, Dec 29, 2007.

1. btwo

btwo Member

My mother lost all ID for this orchid shortly after it was given to her years ago. I would appreciate any help with any informaton. I do not know what the flower looks like.

Attached Files:

2. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Hmmm a bit hard from that photo, may need a flower shot to id. They're are thousands of species and hybrids...

Ed

3. arcticshaun

arcticshaun Active Member

Is that a bulb that rests in winter and flowers in spring? Possibly a Pleione if it does. If you don't have a picture of the flower can you describe how it grows and what the leaves look like.

Shaun

4. Orchasm

Orchasm Member

It may be a Pleione but, very hard to tell by the photo and there are no leaves or a flower to help identify it. where did your mom get it?

5. btwo

btwo Member

not sure where she got it but it was in a old teak basket untill recently transplanted. I have never seen it flower and I don't think it has leaves. It has lived outside in florida for a while (how long I am not sure)

6. Orchasm

Orchasm Member

you should repot it and give it alot of TLC and see what growth and flowers it will bear for you! The roots look healthy and that is always a good start. Btw, are you going to the WOC in Miami in a couple of weeks? That is a great show to look and buy orchids. I wish I could go and check out all the vendors!

7. btwo

btwo Member

I am recently getting enthused about orchids, I have transplanted that pertiaular orchid in another teak basket. Thanks for the info on the show in Miami hopr I can make it!