Nurseries and Sites around Seattle

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by scross1, Apr 20, 2007.

1. scross1

scross1 Active Member

Hello,
    I am taking a trip to Seattle with my family and I would like to know of some places (nurseries) to go during my trip. I am planning a day at the Washington Park Arboretum, but other than that anything goes....

Thanks

PS: Guess I should have said that I am looking for more of the rare and unusual... already going to look at Colvos Creek and Wells Medina, but any other ideas of places to visit would be greatly appreciated

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

3. scross1

scross1 Active Member

Ron,
    Thanks for the information. I just saw that there is a plant sale at the arboretum just in time.

Thanks...

4. cbale224

cbale224 Active Member

Washington Park Arboretum is the most extensive, but you might want to add Kubota Garden (primarily conifers, but very well done and extensive).

5. cbale224

cbale224 Active Member

The arboretum uses voluteers to propogate cuttings that are taken from the grounds. They have four greenhouses that are open when the grounds are open. The plants are priced and you pay for them in the tourist shop. The plants have fairly thorough information posted and it is unusual for there to be staff that you can ask questions.