Norfolk Pines

Discussion in 'Araucariaceae' started by cheryl thibodeau, Dec 18, 2006.

1. cheryl thibodeau

cheryl thibodeau Member

We are attempting to save two potted Norfolk Pines that were left outside during the recent cold spell. They are now in a warm, dry environment.

The soil is extremely saturated. The Pines now have drooping leaders and the terminal ends of the branches are turning gold.

Can these plants be rehabilitated or is the drooping and flagging an indication of mortality.

Thanks for listening and if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Cheryl

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  2. JanetW

JanetW Active Member

The droopy terminal leaders are normal for a Norfolk Island Pine. The gold needles are not. The needles seem to be dying. They really like high humidity, make sure to mist it alot (daily), and don't let the soil stay dry for too long, don't let the bottom sit in water unless watering the plant. I hope this helps you, Janet

3. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

If they froze, they are done. they also dont like to be overwatered.

Cheryl, you have PM and email turned off, can you send me an email message or something, I know you from a long, long time ago. :)

4. dogseadepression

dogseadepression Active Member

Cheryl, Hi my name Is wyatt reinhart and I have two of these pines growing in my basement. I Am sorry about what happened to your Norfolk Island pine,My only advice to you is to get a new pine tree. ifound you some Norfolk Island pine seeds they are currently SOLD OUT - NEXT HARVEST IS IN JULY of 2008, Give The Banana Tree your emaill adress and they will let you know if it is avaible after July. Their address is -http://www.banana-tree.com/ , go to contact and tell them that you want some pine seeds $1.35 for a packet and that wyatt sent you. Ihope this helps, Wyatt Reinhart