New Year's Garden Resolutions

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by Margot, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Margot

Margot Renowned Contributor 10 Years

To all of you who, like me, are not out partying tonight, I'd be very interested to know if or what gardening resolutions you have for 2020.

Mine are to:
    1. Find ways to use less water.
    2. Mulch, mulch, mulch.
    3. Work less; enjoy more.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    JadeC and Georgia Strait like this.
  2. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Happy New Year to you, Margot!

As ever---weed earlier and more often.
    Encourage native plants.
    Be more assiduous in cleaning tools!
    Spend time, more time, simply outdoors---so much to see! Tiny praying mantises (and huge ones), beetles, spiders, worms, birds. Hawk moths and butterflies. Garter snakes! And, not nearly often enough, a stag beetle. All of these cohabitants gladden my heart.
    We all live together: we all depend upon one another. It is an amazing beautiful world we live in---we can see it right in our own yards and beds.

May this new year bring good things to us all---great and small!

Georgia Strait and Margot like this.
  3. Georgia Strait

Georgia Strait Generous Contributor

South Okanagan & Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
    In 2019, I fell in love with and committed to all the pretty coleus avail these days — I was missing out!

I saved one stem in a glass of water and it has grown roots! (Should have saved more before the frosts)

I might buy a mix pack of seeds fr Stokes and see if I can grow some coleus — I really like the street name series (sunset Blvd etc)

Résolutions incl more sword ferns // tidy up all the containers I think I need // plant spring bulbs in the autumn ;not Dec) .... and

Fr a design point of view - no more new plants —- instead plant another if one I already have ... it sounds dull but it ends up looking way better.

Margot likes this.