New source(s) in Lower Mainland for tropicals

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by Junglekeeper, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

A new business, Tiny Tom's Tangerine(?), has just opened in Delta. Citrus collectors will definitely want to make a visit as they carry a LARGE number and variety of these plants. Standards and bushes are available in different pot sizes. They also specialize in tropical fruiting and fragrant plants. They just opened and are still getting organized and stocked.

Don't know the exact address but they are located next door to Bit o' Paradise at #2 - 6106 28th Avenue in Delta. BTW, BOP is a good source for many unusual and exotic tropicals - ones you'll not see at Home Depot or Art Knapp. As a bonus, the complex also houses two other businesses that deal in plants; they will be of particular interest to orchid collectors. Sorry, don't know their names.

Happy hunting.

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Sounds like a place I will definately want to visit. I think I know where that is. Thanks Junglekeeper.

3. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Hey, Eric. I should clarify with regards to the fragrants; the owner intends to bring them in but didn't say when that would happen. There was only one Osmanthus fragrans. It would be safer to call or wait until the summer before visiting.