Need plant that look like this...

Discussion in 'Garden Design and Plant Suggestions' started by Paulina, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Paulina

Paulina Active Member

Upper Fraser Valley, Beautiful British Columbia!
    I'm looking for a low growing border plant that looks like the one bordering this garden. Anyone have any ideas on perennial plants that are good for a low, full border? Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

vinca - aka periwinkle. has a blue/purple flower in spring and green leaves. sometimes reblooms during the summer. grows very well in full sun (and will take over an area if not kept in check) - not as rampant in a bit if shade.

once established is drought hardy.

there's also a variegated one (green leaves with white) i do not know what the flower color is for that one.

3. bride20

bride20 Member

I don’t have any idea about any plant which is similar to this. I have just started gardening and I don’t much about it. I think you must be more experienced than me in this field. I’m not a professional; I do it as a leisure activity. In fact I have a question, I have a small place to perform gardening and I don’t know how to do it. I know you’d like to have a picture of that area. I’ll post it in my next post because right now I do not any on my computer. Tell me one thing must I use an image hosting site to upload images. I simply don’t know; it is the first time that I’m getting involved in a forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Numerous heuchera cultivars on market these days, many with colored foliage. Tufted evergreen foliage clumps without spreading via runners.

5. KarinL

KarinL Well-Known Member 10 Years

Bride 20, you should start a new thread with your own question, and yes, post a photo if you can. On this forum you can load photos directly from your computer; no need for a photohosting site.

6. levilyla

levilyla Active Member

You could try forms of Ophiopogon, forms of Sedum, Geranium Biokova, and maacrorrhizum, some grasses and sedges, calamentha, lamb's ears.

7. M. D. Vaden

M. D. Vaden Active Member 10 Years

Try looking into Wintergreen.

Search online for images, etc.. Some have nice berries.