Identification: Need Help with ID

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by knight39, Jul 30, 2005.

1. knight39

knight39 Member

This plant was a gift from co-workers and I have have it for about 3 years it has only bloomed once and the tips of leaves turn brown, so i can use any help offered. The plant is not dying butI would like it to do better. Thanks in Advance

Attached Files:

2. Carol Ja

Carol Ja Active Member 10 Years

It looks like it might possibly be root bound, try checking inside the pot if it is mostly roots, then you'll need to deal with that.
    Carol Ja

3. knight39

knight39 Member

thank you for you reply, I am very new to house plants I just wate hem and hope for the best. Root bound? does that mean I need a bigger pot? And do you know what type of plant this is. Thanks

4. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

yes that means it needs a bigger pot ..only go about 2 inches bigger then the one it is in ... and fresh dirt .. and it should do really good .. probably will love ya for it ..lol
    it is a type if Lilly .. u may want to search google for it .. there are so many different types ..

good luck

Marn

5. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hey I think this is a Spathiphyllum (called peace lily - but not a lily, in the Araceae).

6. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

thanks Eric i couldnt think of the other name to go with it ...lol.. im not into those kind of houseplants .. never had luck with them .. i knew it was something lilly ..lol.

Marn