British Columbia: Native seed mix for riparian area (Burnaby)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by Megan Turnock, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Megan Turnock

Megan Turnock Member

I'm doing a riparian restoration project in Burnaby. Although I've had no problem finding great native trees and shrubs, there doesn't seem to be any native seed mixes readily available. I wouldn't even bother with a forbes/grasses seed mix, but the site is directly next to a fairly new condo tower and it would be nice to have some annual/perennial flowers this summer instead of just bare ground. I've called and emailed around to a few nurseries with no luck so far.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    Megan

2. Blue Fox

Blue Fox Member

Re: Native seed mix for riparian area (Burnaby

Hi Megan, that sounds like an interesting project. You may have to go and collect some seeds yourself, or have someone custom grow a selection. I do custom growing at times, and would be interested in discussing this with you. Check my profile - there should be link to my website there - go to the contact me page and send me an email.

3. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years