Names of roses

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by blynb, Jul 23, 2010.

1. blynb

blynb Active Member

Could anyone help me find out the names of these babies it kills me that I don't know

Attached Files:

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

It would be impossible to id these roses from such tiny images.

Even with far clearer pics of each rose, showing the buds, open flowers and the growth habit of the whole plant it would be almost impossible to id them. Is it scented. Is it thorny. Is it a shrub rose, a patio rose, or a climber. What do the hips look like. etc etc all come into the equation.

There are just SO many different roses that are currently sold, not to mention ones that are now out of fashion and no longer grown. There are so many that look similar.

Cameras can also slightly alter the colour of the pics.

This company is a major grower. They have over 1000 pics of roses. You may like to see their photo library. I started it on the A's.

http://www.classicroses.co.uk/produ...stLetter=a&type=rose&recsperpage=10&pagenum=1

3. blynb

blynb Active Member

After doing some more research on roses I realized that there are many. I was able to narrow a couple of them down to floribunda roses but that's as far as I was able to get on my search. I will check out the site though. . .lord knows I have the time it's just a matter of the patience. I'm determined to name these babies. Thank you for the link - b.lyn