My Teddy Bear Palms are dying...please help!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by kv466, Apr 24, 2008.

1. kv466

kv466 Member

So, my Dypsis leptocheilos' are dying. I just recently bought them at a palm festival in about 1 or so gallon containers...very small. Their fronds were beautiful and long and the shaft so red and fuzzy. Spring having just begun and the palms being so big for their containers (the roots were bashing out of the bottom) and me not knowing where to plant them yet, I decided to repot them. I didn't go that far up...only about to a 3 or 4 gallon container.

Everything was beautiful for about 4 days and then the browning began and on two of them it was gotten worse and worse to the point where almost all the fronds are browing except the unopened one...what a nightmare! I've never had this happen with a pro-grown potted palm before...sure, when I've pulled stuff out of the ground and not been careful enough with the roots, I've had some browning and damage but never with a potted plant...at worse, the last frond would brown and I'd chop it and that's it. Anyway, if anyone knows this will all end out okay, please share with me.

Thanks a lot,

kv

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

(moved to outdoor tropicals from forum feedback)