Propagation: My new JM is looking sickly

Discussion in 'Maples' started by tsovian, May 16, 2015.

1. tsovian

tsovian New Member

Hello everyone,
    I just bought a two feet tall "Crimson Queen" last week. I took it home and planted in a location next to the fish pond. But a few days later with some heavy rains, I realized that the area was too low and it collected water right where the JM was, so I decided to move it to a better location but in doing that I had caused much of the original soil came off off the roots. Now three days later the tree looks sad and the leave are wilted and some are drying up. What should I do now? Should I really worry. I love this tree and spent plenty of money for it. Help! Tony

2. whis4ey

whis4ey Well-Known Member 10 Years

It is probably too wet. These trees need good drainage and moist NOT wet soil. If you now have it in a proper position where it can succeed keep your fingers crossed. They have a second set of buds which might come to your rescue if you are lucky. Meantime let the soil dry out completely ... the thing is obviously highly stressed and needs to be left alone in a proper environment

3. tsovian

tsovian New Member

Thank you, Sam for the information. It has been raining all weekend here in Memphis and the tree is looking worse now; all of the leaves are completely wilted and about to fall out. I am still hoping that it will somehow come back. If not I will be very sad in deed.