My Hibiscus tree

Discussion in 'Hibiscus' started by Ericapeace, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Ericapeace

Ericapeace Member

I am not sure if my hibiscus tree is dormant or dead. It was growing nicely in a partial sunned area on my patio in NYC. I moved it inside for the winter and opted to slightly trim the branches, and put in my bathroom in a sunny window. I would water it pretty infrequently. All the leaves eventually fell off, and it looked to be dormant. This is a braided tree. Tomorrow will be April 1st, and we seem to have a temperature between 45-50 degrees fahrenheit. Do you think I should bring my tree back outside or wait a while? Do you think it is still alive if the braided stem is still in tact? I know some people suggest to just purchase a new one yearly to save the trouble....I will if I have to. But I find enjoyment in seeing plants revive themselves. Any help is appreciated!

2. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Sporadic watering probably made the leaves drop off,

I can well understand your concerns having just seen such a tree...awesome as a standard!

3. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

4. Ericapeace

Ericapeace Member

Thank you for links Katalina25. I appreciate it. I also appreciate your blog in your signature Jungaling, as I am a yoga instructor very interested in women's liberation. Thank you!!
    I will give my hibiscus a couple more weeks indoors, and then will take back outside to see what happens.

5. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Hi Erica,

Unless you killed off the root system your plant should be ok.
    Your in NY? I once knew someone in who lived in New York, He bought a beautiful house there..wow...never seen anything like it. This was at a forum and the new home a photo he showed us.
    Thanks for visiting the blog of mine!

I can't do Yoga at the minute apparently I have damaged my patella, not that I could stand on my head no matter how good it is for the brain loll

6. Ericapeace

Ericapeace Member

ok good and thanks! I think the root system is OK.
    Sorry to hear about your patella....I know knee issues can be a headache.
    I will post later on how my hibiscus is doing!

Oh and yes I am in NY!

7. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member