my brugmansia is making it's scent again, mmm

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by Thomas Anonymous, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Thomas Anonymous

Thomas Anonymous Active Member

I love the scent this plant makes --- mmm. Although, it has an annoying habit of seeming to asume it's winter and dropping all it's foliage at the slightest provocation.

I'm using a different upstream service provider and new email addy, etc, so have started a new acct here, but I had a thread about this plant on this server a year or two ago, if anybody remembers.

In any case, the plant is doing well, smelling like I died & went to heaven... I love it's room-filling scent, wow ...

Attached Files:

2. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Yes it is nice, however I have mine outside in the sub tropics. I brought a collection of flowers inside and was a bit over powering, for me anyway. But I love the fragrance!!

Ed

3. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

i just got two brugs - already rooted, to boot!! i can't wait until next year when they have flowers on them!!

4. Thomas Anonymous

Thomas Anonymous Active Member

Yeah, they're a very rewarding plant to grow. And good in the event of a terrorist nerve-gas attack because they contain atropine, an antidote for such nerve gasses as sarin & tabun. I tell my neighbors, half jokingly, that if the taliban nukes our street with sarin gas that they should come to my place and we can munch away on a leaf or two from my brug.
    ;)