My 5'' Majesty Palm

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by MajestyPalm, Nov 12, 2008.

1. MajestyPalm

MajestyPalm Member

Well my Majesty Palm has been inside for the past few months, around the end of September starting. Anyways my palms been fed well with Epsom salts and good slow release palm food fertilizers. so the palm is very green and growing rapidly, although sometimes i have to trim small amounts of brown tips every now and then, i have it planted in a fairly large pot, its potted in a expensive potting mixture called "pro mix" so its in a big black bale, so its really good for the palms feet. I've watered it at least 2 times a week and and mist it daily to semi-daily. Do i fertilize once again? i fertilized it back in September... so now would be a good time...? and the browning please explain. also its sitting in my bedroom, by a fairly large window, towards the southern sun. a humidifier is also running haywire, and my heating room fans are blowing directions away from it as it heats the room, after being misted with the humidifier underneath it, its in a fairly small room.

-Wayne- ;)

2. eileen

eileen Member

A pic would help. Although I don't understand what you want.

3. namawa

namawa Active Member

Kind of the 'nature of the beast' with a Majesty palm, indoors.

The browning is probably a humidity and light related issue. I've never been able to successfully grow these indoors...they need far more light to really thrive than I can provide and 'fresh air'.

You should be able to maintain it for a while with the lighting you have, but I wouldn't expect much growth.

I would *not* fertilize it until spring, if it were mine.