Identification: Mold like stuff growing in some of my plant pots.

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by jreidsma, Jan 13, 2010.

1. jreidsma

jreidsma Active Member

Hi I made the mistake of buying some of the cheaper brand maricle grow and I repotted my norfolk island pine, my little cacti thing, and a couple others and after a day or two this stuff started growing on the soil. My norfolk island pine has some weird desease or something and I was wondering if these could be causing it. I dont think they are because no other plants are getting sick its just the pine. Sorry my camera is still diciding to have "technical issues" so the pictures are alittle blury. Also I was thinking that they might not even be mold at all because hydrogen peroxide wouldnt get rid of them and they arent spredding to the plants that are in different soils.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. C.Wick

C.Wick Active Member

Do you maybe, have better photos???

3. jreidsma

jreidsma Active Member

Sorry I tryed extremely close up, close up, and regular I even tried different settings and it just looked worse. I have to go in a couple minutes so I might be able to get better ones later. They kinda look fluffy but the arent. Maby like little clouds or something.