Maranta marisela care

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by omnithought2004, Mar 1, 2007.

1. omnithought2004

omnithought2004 Active Member

i just got one i was hopeing someone can infor me on how this plant needs care i only got one web site with info was hopeing for alittle more

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

(moved to Indoor Plants forum - please be more attentive of where you post in the future, you have 42 posts now and I think I've had to move the majority of them to different forums. Use the navigation at the top of the page to discern what forum you are in before posting)

3. omnithought2004

I'm very sorry about that i'm a bit new to the sight and i'm still learning how to use it sorry once again

omni

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Well, I do wish the site was a bit easier to learn to use. No need to apologize.

5. Rima

Rima Active Member

Your Maranta ("Prayer plant") is called that because leaves fold up at night like praying hands. It likes only moderate light (not being right in a SW window, though not in a 'dark' place), and do allow some of the soil to dry out between waterings - you'll have to gauge this over time, but definitely don't keep it sodden all the time. I think they're beautiful!

6. omnithought2004

Thanks Rima i have it on top of my entertainment center about 12 feet from 6 southwest faceing windows it does get any direct sunlight but it get alot of light also i have a growing light behind it does that sound alright thank you for your help also

omni