Majesty Palm

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Davidm, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Davidm

Davidm Active Member 10 Years

I have 5 pots of Majesty Palms, some have three or four trees in a pot.Can these be "easily" repotted so there are only one per pot?Or would I be better off just leaving them alone?They seem to be doing fine the way they are.They just look crowded.

2. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

Can you take a picture of them and post it here? That would be very helpful. rite now I am thinking you should seperate them. I would like a picture of them all togeather in one pot before you do anything to them.
    Blake09

3. Chungii V

Chungii V Active Member

It can be done just be aware the roots may be well entangled, depending on size and time already spent in pot. I would suggest if they are extremely hard to separate just cut them, being careful to balance the rootball between them. They will need to go into fresh well drained mix and given a fertilising. Water them reasonably well but don't let the soil get overly wet. It's probably best leave it til warmer weather if it's too cold at the moment.

4. Davidm

Davidm Active Member 10 Years

5. Chungii V

Chungii V Active Member

They'll be pretty stuck together. Try rinsing the soil off the roots as much as you can while you pry them apart. Careful the smaller ones don't snap. Remove most of the fronds leaving say 2-3 open and the new spike to compensate and reduce stress from seperating.