Hello! I just discovered that one of my plants is the Madagascar Jewel. I understand the milky sap can be an irritant, and that the plant itself would be toxic upon ingestion. My question is about the panic online about its carcinogen properties (or tumor-causing properties to be exact). I see in some scientific papers mention of esters and other things I have no clue about. Does just being in the same room or does basic contact with just the plant (not the sap) cause tumors? That seems a bit much. If I bathed in the sap day in, day out then maybe, but why are people panicking about having this plant in the home?