Locked thread

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Sundrop, May 23, 2016.

1. Sundrop

Sundrop Well-Known Member

Yesterday I tried to reply to the thread Is this oregano? only to learn that the thread is locked. locked_thread.jpg

Today I've noticed that there is a replay by someone else (forum moderator), but the thread is still locked to me. locked_thread_2.jpg

What is going on?

2. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Odd! I hadn't noticed it was locked; being a moderator I was able to answer even with it being locked (which is why I didn't notice it was). But since the thread looks safe (nothing to suggest it is spam), I've unlocked it.

3. Sundrop

Sundrop Well-Known Member

But why it was locked? By OP?

4. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Yes, @Eric La Fountaine locked it, unlocked it, then locked it again all within two minutes. Maybe he had some reason, or finger trouble. Thanks for pointing it out.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

OP = original poster.

I think Eric was just trying to do his work too early in the morning, based on the time of the actions (plus he's traveling and on a not-as-handy laptop). Honest mistake from what I can tell.