Lemon Tree Fungus?

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by direct2miguel, Jul 14, 2006.

1. direct2miguel

direct2miguel Member

I have a potted Meyer Lemon Tree with it's first crop of fruit on it. Another few weeks before they are ready. Just noticed what I thought was a parasite on the leaves and some of the branches. They look like tiny sea shells and are spongy (like a very soft marshmallow) to the touch. Upon closer inspection they are very mushroom like and are also forming on the underside of leaves. In some places there are also syrupy drips that have crystalized. I see no discoloration in any of the leaves, but some of the leaves are curled, and have been that way since I got the tree. What can I do without harming the not yet ripe fruits?

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  3. direct2miguel

direct2miguel Member

Yes, absolutely right! Thanks for the helpful direction.

4. Millet

Millet Well-Known Member 10 Years

It would be helpful if people would take just a few minutes to read through the posts on this forum before rewriting the same questions over and over? - Millet

5. direct2miguel

direct2miguel Member

It would also be helpful to not be publicly scolded for a perfectly harmless and easily overlooked repitition. One person's description to the same problem may be different than anothers. A little courtesy to those seeking information would be appreciated. If scolding was your only response to my respectful post then it was uncalled for.