Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by soccerdad, Oct 30, 2008.

1. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

I am going to be there for a few days starting on Saturday. I will be working, but will have some free time.

Since I do not gamble - as a former mathematician I am simply incredulous that people would play games where the odds are actually against them, and for money at that! - and since I do not like going to shows alone, I have always found Las Vegas to be the most boring city in North America when I go there on business. But people live there and they surely must have something to do. Does anyone have any recommendations?

2. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

See if you can get outside of the place to go and see some pinyons and junipers (Pinus monophylla and Juniperus osteosperma in this area). Best would be to head out to Mount Charleston to the west - take the main road NW out of Las Vegas, then left just after leaving the outskirts of the city (36° 19' 40" N 115° 18' 46"W on google earth). About 40 miles from LV centre to Mount Charleston resort. If you can get high enough, there's White Fir Abies concolor, Ponderosa Pine Pinus ponderosa, and even higher, Bristlecone Pines Pinus longaeva and Limber Pines Pinus flexilis up there too.

Agree 100% on the maths observations ;-)