La Hernandez Rose

Discussion in 'Rosa (roses)' started by Unregistered, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Just received this rose in a one gallon container, and would appreciate knowing what color, and whether it is a climber, or shrub rose. It has not yet bloomed, and knowing the color would help me determine where I want to plant it. Thank you

2. Weekend Gardener

Weekend Gardener Active Member 10 Years

I am not aware of a rose by that name. Couldn't find it on either Helpmefind.com or everyrose.com. No results on Google search either. Sometimes out of patent roses which were previously sold by a registered trademark name gets distributed or resold by another name. For example, for "Altissimo", substitute "Sublimely Single". Are there any alternative names given on the packaging? The most useful "names" are words that may not appear to make phonetic sense. In the case of "Altissimo" - "DELmur", "DEL" being the first 3 letters of Delbard, the family name of the hybridiser Guy Delbard.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  3. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Other things that can appear on a label and seem to be the name of the plant are who the supplier was (say "La Hernandez Rose Growers" or "La Hernandez Brokers"), who the customer was ("La Hernandez Market") or the geographic locaton of such ("Acme Rose Growers, La Hernandez, California" designated simply as "La Hernandez").