Identification: JM Identification

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Lawnpoint, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Lawnpoint

Lawnpoint Member

Can anyone identify this JM it has been grown from seed and I have not seen one like this before.
    It is about 5 - 6 years old. I am trying to find a cultivar that looks similar.
    Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

2. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

Very hard to say, but the shape of the leaves makes me think it's in the amoenum group...

3. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Lawnpoint good morning and welcome, regarding your question about an ID for your seedling. Now this is a near impossible task I'm afraid. There are thousands of cultivars and seedlings out there and to get close to a match to yours IMO might be rather difficult
    Now on a positive note, your tree is wonderful and tbh that is all that matters. There are a lot of seedlings I have seen over the years that are absolutely beautiful. But they are not cultivars, so do not have recognised names. But why not give yours a name, as long as it's not for resale, you can name it anything you want. A lot of people give a son or daughter or grandchild name, to add that personal touch. But that's up to you.
    I have added this link in case you do not know where to find it, so you can browse some members photos of their cultivars to see if you can find a match.
    Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)

Hope this is of a little help, if not what you asked for.

4. Lawnpoint

Lawnpoint Member

AlainK, Acerholic ...

Thank you very much for the info that you have provided, I certainly learned a lot this morning.
    The photos I have reviewed so far have been very informative and enjoyable.

...Peter

Acerholic likes this.