Jasmine leaves constantly dying, no flowers anymore

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by sjs, Aug 12, 2021.

1. sjs

sjs Member

Hello, I have a Jasmine houseplant (although this summer we have kept it outdoors) , I think it looks like Jasmine Officinale. It looked fine when we bought it and had blooms on it. We transplanted it into a new pot with potting soil from outside (miracle gro brand) shortly after. Ever since then it has been doing terrible. At first glance it looks ok, it grows new shoots and leaves start off looking healthy and green. But then they slowly turn brown at the ends and then shrivel up and die. Then new shoots grow and the process repeats. It never blooms anymore and constantly just grows leaves that die off. Attached is a picture.

Does any one know what is wrong with it, and is there any way to fix it?

Attached Files:

2. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

I bought a 28.3 litre bag of Miracle Grow Potting Mix last year and used it for a pot of indoor basil for the winter. The seeds all sprouted, but the plants barely grew after that. I've had excellent results previously with other brands of potting soil, but this was the worst that I've experienced. So, it could just be a bad batch of potting soil.

Margot likes this.
  3. sjs

sjs Member

Could be it is retaining too much moisture. I had the same experience as you described with some herbs I was trying to grow (rosemary, basil) It was always stay too wet after rainfall and they didn't grow well. I'll probably transplant using a different brand of soil and see how it goes.

4. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

My experience was with indoor plants, and it definitely was not a moisture problem.