Identification: Is this an indoor bonsai?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Shohin, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Shohin

Shohin Member

A friend of mine received this little beauty as a "potensai" - something that is not yet a bonsai but may become a bonsai.
    As far as I know, it is a perrenial plant, it is 3 years old and was propagated by cutting from a so-called "indoor bonsai". I doubt that the mother plant was indeed an indoor bonsai, but i am anxious to know what plant is it anyway.
    The flowers are small and white (you can see the flower buds in the picture). I hope someone can tell me what it is. Any advice is wellcome.
    Thanks all.

Attached Files:

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

hmm could b some kind of Kalanchoe .. i dont know which one as im not good at ID'ing them .. but u might want to google it and look ..

good luck

Marn

3. Shohin

Shohin Member

Hi, Marn,
    I have to say it passed through my mind, but as far as I can tell, the trunk is somewhat lignified, and looks a bit different from that of the succulent plants. Moreover, the leaf is not that "fleshy". Yet, it might still be a Kalanchoe. I really dont know; from what I've seen on the web I cannot conclude that it is. Thank you again, you were so kind to answer.

I hope you dont mind if I ask for a second or a third opinion.

Any ideas please?!

4. Andre

Andre Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

5. Shohin

Shohin Member

C'est absolutement fantastique! Voila, c'est exactement ce que je cherchait!!! Fabuleux. Merci beaucoup.

6. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

well i dont know french but i can tell ya got the answer u were looking for ...lol.. glad u were able to get a ID on it .. it sorta kinda looked like a Kalanchoe but i wasnt sure .. i really dont know much about them ..

good luck with it

Marn

7. Shohin

Shohin Member

yep, I think the recognition process has been carried on successfully. Thx.