Identification: Is this Acer Millicent

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Jedi, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Jedi

Jedi New Member

• I made cuttings of this Millicent. This is the first time after 3 years they went success. I do search online to find any description but I did not found. If some one know any usefull of this rare plants pls write!
    • Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Check out
    Acer rubescens 'Millicent'
    Some members have posted pictures, links to sources, and personal information and experience with this variety. Congratulations on your cuttings and best of luck! I hope you find the information in the above link helpful,
    John

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  3. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Hi Jedi,

Why do you think it might be 'Millicent', you seemed to be asking in the other thread. Did someone tell you the plant the cuttings came from was that cultivar? Or perhaps I misunderstood.

'Millicent' is a very hard plant to grow, and there aren't a lot of them around. Also there are many different rubescens cultivars that are somewhat similar, it can be difficult to tell them apart. So unless there's some good reason to think that's what you have, it's more likely to be one of the more common cultivars.

There were a couple of pictures posted on Facebook lately, search for Millicent in the group Maples. I don't have the rights to copy them here, sorry. Because it is so difficult grow, and is a fairly recent introduction, there is not much info out there about it. What I know is summarized in the link John gave you.

Best wishes, and hope they succeed!

4. alex66

alex66 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

5. Jedi

Jedi New Member

Good to hear you still have one. We have 9 out of 9 at the moment and shouting and growing nicely. we have some cutting in the propageter house which are not ready yet. hope they survive the winter!